[Users] 2 node cluster with local storage?

russell muetzelfeldt russm-ovirt-org at cyber.com.au
Mon Apr 1 12:43:57 UTC 2013

On 01/04/2013, at 8:53 PM, Itamar Heim <iheim at redhat.com> wrote:
> On 04/01/2013 12:33 PM, russell muetzelfeldt wrote:
>>
>> Is there any supported way (or advice on the best unsupported way) to provision a 2-node cluster using local storage?
>
> have you considered using gluster? if you setup the cluster as 'gluster' as well, it should be installed, you should be able to create a volume on it, then create a posixfs storage domain using it (and in ovirt 3.3, a glusterfs storage domain, which will provide better performance)?

I've got to admit I'd discounted gluster mainly because I've never touched it before and assumed the learning curve would distract me from what I actually want to be doing (getting a reasonably functional cluster to use as a target for programming against the REST API).

Is the gluster support reasonably straightforward out of the box? If so I might give that a go and see how it pans out.

cheers

Russell