[Users] DNS reverse configuration

René Koch (ovido) r.koch at ovido.at
Fri Apr 5 11:26:38 UTC 2013

On Thu, 2013-04-04 at 18:48 +0000, Chris Noffsinger wrote:
> I have successfully gotten samba4 to work with ovirt but I could not use the Administrator user.
>
> I had to create another admin user to. Get it to work.

I can confirm that it's possible to use oVirt/RHEV with Samba 4 - tested
RHEV 3.0/3.1 with Univention Corporate Server which is a SBS server on
Linux base with Samba 4.

For RHEV it's  not recommended to use Administrator for Active Directory
even if it works mostly. Did it several times where it worked fine with
Microsoft Active Directory - not sure if I faced isses with
Administrator user.
But in general it's better to have an other user with admin permissions,
as this will always work (if you set up DNS correctly).

Regards,
René