[Users] DNS reverse configuration

René Koch (ovido) r.koch at ovido.at
Fri Apr 5 14:10:45 UTC 2013

On Fri, 2013-04-05 at 14:21 +0200, Juan Jose wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>

> Is there some howto or some procedure to connect Samba4 to oVirt 3.1
> and what components are necessary to install and configure?,  René,
> can you post all steps to configure it to have oVirt working with
> Sanba 4, please?

Sorry, can't give you detailed information on how to create a Samba 4
directory (use UCS appliance) - there is plenty of documentation in the
internet on how to do that.

To connect oVirt to your existing Samba domain, use the DNS server from
your samba server on your ovirt-engine host (don't do replication to
external bind servers, as this causes some issues). You have to make
sure, that you have valid forward (A) and reverse (PTR) DNS entries for
your ovirt-engine host and SRV records for LDAP, Kerberos,... (but these
should be created by default and are required for your Windows clients,
too).

You can join your Samba4 domain with "engine-manage-domains
-provider=ActiveDirectory ..."

I hope this helps you a bit.