[Users] oVirt 3.2 and MD3600i

Joop jvdwege at xs4all.nl
Tue Apr 9 19:10:44 UTC 2013

martin.kralicek at accenture.com wrote:

> Hello,
>

> Has somebody experience with Dell MD3600i and oVirt 3.2.1?
>
> Host and oVirt are deployed on Fedora 18.
>
> My infrastructure contains: 2 x powerconnect 6224 and this storage
> with two controllers
>
> Both switch are in stack mode and storage is connect with four 10Gb
> ports in same subnet (is better to use it without stack as two subnet?)
>
> So, where is problem...I can create iSCSI storage domain, everything
> seems to be OK but when I want to add next host they cannot access
> this iSCSI target (in storage management tools is already added to
> host group)
>
> And during this process I can see only on host console IO error,
> buffer error and kernel BUG: soft lockup -- CPU stuck etc...
>

> Exists recommended way how involved iSCSI?

For the first part I don't have an answer but the softlockups sound
familiar and the only solution I have found sofar that works reliable is
to switch back to kernel 3.6.10
I higher kernel level will sometimes work after a reboot but more often
it will cause softlockups as soon as multipathd is started.

Joop