[Users] vdsm unresponsive with python exception

Tony Feldmann trfeldmann at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 13:59:01 UTC 2013

I am having a strange issue in my ovirt cluster.  I have 2 hosts, 1 running
engine and added as a host and one other system added as a host.  Both
systems are running gluster across local disks for shared storage.
Everything was working fine until last night, where my system that is also
running the engine when unresponsive in the admin page.  All vms were still
running that were on the host.  I shut down the vms that were on the host
from within the guest os as I was not able to do anything to the vm with
the host in unresponsive state.  After getting the vms off and rebooting
the host, the vdsmd service says that it is running, but it continually
restarts the vdsm process and dumps out these messages: detected unhandled
Python exception in '/usr/share/vdsm/vdsm'.  All services say they are up
and running but the host stays in unresponsive state and the vdsm process
keeps respawning.  There is also no data in the vdsm.log.  Can anyone shed
any light on this for me?

Thanks,
Tony