[Users] oVirt Weekly Meeting Minutes -- 2013-04-10

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 15:16:24 UTC 2013

On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 4:46 PM, Mike Burns  wrote:

>   * 3.2.2 build should be available in the next couple weeks  (mburns,
>     14:10:11)
>   * work for vms not running on el6 out of the box is underway  (mburns,
>     14:10:28)
>
> * oVirt 3.3 Updates  (mburns, 14:13:03)

Hello, can we have clone from snapshot
(
http://www.ovirt.org/Features/CloneVmFromSnapshot
)
available ootb in 3.2.2 and 3.3 for both f18 and el6 repos, so we
don't have to manually recompile?
Last update on this list was here, as far as I remember:
http://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/users/2013-March/013377.html

with someone telling somewhere that the patch was not yet approved...
but it wasn't clear why...

I'l suggest for example to change in
http://www.ovirt.org/OVirt_3.3_release-management

from
MUST: All image related operations work - copy, move, import, export,
snapshot (vm and template)
MUST: Ovirt/host installation should work flawlessly (w/o SSL)

MUST: All image related operations work - copy, move, import, export,
snapshot (vm and template), clone from snapshot
MUST: Ovirt/host installation should work flawlessly (w/o SSL)

so that it is explicitly stated that the functionality must work...
I don't know if it exists a similar page for 3.2.2 or if shoud be
directly changed the
http://www.ovirt.org/OVirt_3.2_release-management

Thanks,
Gianluca