[Users] How to force remove hosts, storage, datacenters

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 21:27:16 UTC 2013

Hello,
I have some inconsistencies so that I would like to reinitialize my datacenter.
It is 3.2.1 on f18 engine and f18 host
it consists of one host and one local_on_host storage domain
I'm not able to delete the host.
It results as unassigned and so I cannot delete it, but if I try to
remove storage or datacenter I get:

storage:
destroy --> approve
Error while executing action: Cannot destroy the master Storage Domain
from the Data Center without another active Storage Domain to take its
place.
-Either activate another Storage Domain in the Data Center, or remove
the Data Center.
-If you have problems with the master Data Domain, consider following
the recovery process described in the documentation, or contact your
system administrator.

datacenter:
force remove --> approve
Error: Cannot remove Repository while there are Hosts that are not in
Maintenance mode.

what can I do to force remove a host?
The maintenance label is greyed out and it results as unassigned....

Thanks,
Gianluca