[Users] host goes to non-operational because interface down message

Mark Wu wudxw at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Apr 12 01:42:56 UTC 2013

Gianluca,

Thanks for your so detailed report.  But unfortunately I can't find any
clue related to
this network interface status problem.  Sorry for that. Maybe other guy
can add more comments.

At this moment, I suspect  the link of em1.311 and probably its
underlying interface em1 went down occasionally and came up in a
short time.  Is it possible?   You could check the system log
'/var/log/messages' to find related  messages.

> Thanks for your input Mark.
> At the moment all is well again with the host; anyway I'm going to
> give a long explanation of what I did below and so possible reasons
> for that situation.
> There is also feed for developers answers in that ...
>
> I cannot connect at the moment to the host to cut and paste in text
> but I have access to java console and here is a screenshot containing
> the line you requested (captured now that all is ok and host up and
> runnign with two VMs):
>
> https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwoPbcrMv8mvdmdIMUxTRVRVUzg/edit?usp=sharing
>
> Which fields are expected to be indicators of problems, as I had yesterday?
You can check the 'state' filed in each interface.