[Users] oVirt Weekly Meeting Minutes -- 2013-04-10

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 09:02:50 UTC 2013

On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 4:46 PM, Mike Burns  wrote:
[snip]
> Meeting summary
> ---------------
> * Agenda and Roll Call  (mburns, 14:01:17)
>   * Agenda  (mburns, 14:01:26)
>   * release updates for 3.2  (mburns, 14:01:39)
>   * release updates for 3.3  (mburns, 14:01:41)
>   * conferences and workshops  (mburns, 14:01:48)
>   * Sub Project Status  (mburns, 14:02:00)
>   * Other Topics  (mburns, 14:02:05)
>
> * oVirt 3.2 Updates  (mburns, 14:03:35)
>   * 3.2 EL6 packages are now available in the stable repositories (as of
>     this morning)  (mburns, 14:03:54)
>   * 3.2.2 build should be available in the next couple weeks  (mburns,
>     14:10:11)
>   * work for vms not running on el6 out of the box is underway  (mburns,
>     14:10:28)

Hello,
can you give more details about ths problem:

* work for vms not running on el6 out of the box is underway

?

I don't know if it is related to the strange thing I'm experiencing these days.
I remember not to have problems with CentOS 6.3 VM deployed as RH EL 6
in os definition.
These days with oVirt 3.2.1 and deploying a CentOS 6.4 I noticed that:
- install goes well
- power off / power on goes well
- run shutdown -r from inside the VM doesn't go well.
It reboots but then makes an infinite loops in boot loader screen. It
seems it boots the firs entry in grub and then returns to that same
point indefinitely.
This with 6.4. After running a yum update (2 days ago) it seems the
problem is not present any more.
So in some way the stock kernel shipped with 6.4 seems responsible for that.

Is the problem referred the same?

Gianluca