[Users] Disk move when VM is running problem

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 13:05:45 UTC 2013

On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 2:35 PM, Yeela Kaplan  wrote:
> You have used live storage migration.
> In order to understand better what happened in your environment I need the following details:
> 1) What is your vdsm and libvirt version?
[root at f18ovn01 ~]# rpm -q vdsm libvirt
vdsm-4.10.3-10.fc18.x86_64
libvirt-0.10.2.3-1.fc18.x86_64

> You probably need to upgrade libvirt, there is a known bug there.
Can you detail version impacted and first version where bug resolved?
Or a bugzilla number?

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwoPbcrMv8mvZld5Q0I1T0pEbXM/edit?usp=sharing

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwoPbcrMv8mvRmx0R3lEYlY5WG8/edit?usp=sharing

> 4) Did you check what is on the disk of the vm (the target disk of the replication)? because the replication failed so it should probably be empty.
The VM was runnig when doing the disk migration and didn't get any problem.
In the gui it appears that the VM has the new LUN as the backing storage

> 5) Does your disk have any snapshots?
Yes. And one more was generated with description:
 Auto-generated for Live Storage Migration

VM has only one disk. Overall snapshot now
Date                      Status      Description
Current                    Ok         Active VM snapshot
2013-Apr-16, 17:13   Ok         Auto-generated for Live Storage Migration
2013-Mar-22, 08:29  Ok         following
2013-Feb-26, 14:45  Ok         test

Gianluca