[Users] oVirt support for backup/restore

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 08:46:47 UTC 2013

On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 9:58 AM, Itamar Heim wrote:

> qemu-guest-agent isn't ovirt/rhev-guest-agent.
> now that qemu started their own guest agent, ovirt/rhev-guest-agent isn't
> used for things covered by the qemu-guest-agent.

Ah, ok.
SO after reading
http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/Qemu_guest_agent
some questions

can we use ootb qemu-guest-agent with ovirt 3.2.1 if we have for
example a CentOS 6 guest (with qemu-guest-agent-0.12.1.2-2.355)?
Does oVirt create a virtio-serial port to communicate with libvit and
does it use libvirt with any options to quiesce  fs on guest?

Can one use as an alternative the command fsfreeze in CentOS 6.4 guest
(even if in tech preview) as in :
https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Technical_Notes/storage.html

Gianluca