[Users] usb pass-through

Einav Cohen ecohen at redhat.com
Sat Apr 20 18:50:53 UTC 2013

from your question I understand that you are currently using ovirt 3.2.1 rather
than master [to answer Itamar's question from the previous e-mail], and that explains
the slowness of the portals on IE8 that you are experiencing.

Please note that on oVirt master, the performance improvement patches for IE8 affect
only the user portal; unfortunately, the admin portal still suffers from performance
problems on IE8.

with regards to the master release accessibility: I am not sure if we have a master
release; you can build oVirt-engine directly from the code-repo by following the
instructions in the following wiki-page: http://www.ovirt.org/Build_and_Install_Engine_RPM

@Itamar/others: do we have some kind of a nightly/weekly/occasionally repository of
ovirt builds/rpms? the IE8 performance patches were introduced to oVirt master on March 1
(almost 2 months ago), so anything rebased from ovirt master at that point in time or
afterwards would be helpful.

> I've been using Fedora 18.  Is usb pass-through not supported for Windows
> clients?

as Itamar mentioned below, spice-devel mailing-list members (CC'd) should be able to answer
this question.