[Users] How to force remove hosts, storage, datacenters

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Sat Apr 20 20:34:27 UTC 2013

On 04/20/2013 11:19 PM, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 20, 2013 at 9:54 PM, Itamar Heim  wrote:

>>> It was just a newly created DC with one cluster and no VMs.
>>> Ok for your method that I already used in the past, but I would prefer
>>> a smarter way to disable / redefine a datacenter.
>>> Especially if it is empty.
>>

>> why couldn't you move the host to maint, then force remove the DC?
>>

> Yes my first error was to put SD into maintenance, that I don't know
> exactly what kind of effects is expected to produce...
> Next time I will have better doing what you say
>
> But it remains something strange (to me) this workflow:
> select storage then select a particular SD, then in the below pane
> select  datacenter tab, select the DC of the SD and then
> maintenance...
> what is expected to do?
>
> Gianluca

detach the SD from that DC, as some types of SDs can be connected to
multiple DCs.
i agree for those that can't, you should open a BZ requesting to have a
move to maint button on the main grid (but that could be confusing,
since some SDs will have that in the main grid, and some will have it
only in the subtab...)