[Users] problems starting ovirt-engine after upgrade 3.2.0 to 3.2.1

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 21:40:55 UTC 2013

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 12:52 PM,  <j wrote:

>> iiuc, you can't get the engine running, yet you attached the logs of the
>> the engine-dwh service, rather than the ovirt-engine service.
>> please attache ovirt-engine logs.
>>
>> thanks,
>>    Itamar
>
> Hmm, there is no ovirt-engine service in init.d anymore. I just thought
> somebody renamed it to ovirt-engine-dwhd for some reason but forgot I
> installed this for reports a couple of weeks ago.

> I can probably just grab de engine init script and fix it, but I really
> wonder how it disappeared.

MOst of services are managed by systemd in fedora 18.

init file is /usr/lib/systemd/system/ovirt-engine.service

inside it there is the call to actual file and actions, eg:

ExecStart=/usr/bin/engine-service start

/usr/bin/engine-service is what you would like to modify

but probably you had better send engine log files, under /var/log/ovirt-engine/
(engine.log in particular)

Gianluca