[Users] Unable to save host networking: Network address must be specified when using static ip

Lior Vernia lvernia at redhat.com
Wed Apr 24 14:34:14 UTC 2013

Hello Mr. Beinrohr,

I'm assuming that by saying you set up things "by yourself", you mean
not through either the oVirt webadmin console or the VDSM running on the
host.

Without going into the trouble of analyzing exactly what you did and why
oVirt doesn't reflect that in the webadmin console, I believe this
following workaround will suffice.

Go over the networks in the Setup Networks dialog, press the "edit"
button on them (pencil icon appearing when your mouse hovers over one),
and set their boot protocol according to the definition on your host
(i.e. boot protocol to "static" where it's static, along with the IP
address, subnet and gateway).

Yours, Lior Vernia.