[Users] about using vlan or quantum in ovirt

lofyer lofyer at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 08:18:31 EDT 2013

How can we implement the following scenarios in current oVirt release?

1. Suppot four VMs (VMA, VMB, VMC and VMD) run on the same Virtualization node. VMA and VMB is in one subnet, while VMC and VMD is in another subnet. VMA/VMB can communicate with VMC/VMD, or VMA/VMB can not communicate with VMC/VMD.

              case1: can comunicate with
     subnet1  case2: can not comunicate with  subnet2
     +--------------------+    +--------------------+
     |  +-----+  +-----+  [    |  +-----+  +-----+  |
     |  | VMA |  | VMB |  |    |  | VMC |  | VMD |  |
     |  +-----+  +-----+  |    |  |-----+  +-----+  |
     +--------------------+    +--------------------+
                  +------------------+
                  |  Virtualization  |
                  |  Node            |
                  +------------------+

        ------------------------------------ (LAN)

2. Suppose VMA and VMC run on one Virtualization Node, while VMB and VMD run on the other Virtualization Node. VMA and VMB is in one subnet, while VMC and VMD is in another subnet. VMA/VMB can communicate with VMC/VMD, or VMA/VMB can not communicate with VMC/VMD.

     |           +-----------------+            |
     |  +-----+  |  +-----------+   [  +-----+  |  +-----------+
     |  | VMA |  |  |  +-----+   |  |  | VMB |  |  |  +-----+  |
     |  +-----+  |  |  | VMC |   |  |  +-----+  |  |  | VMD |  |
     +----------+   |  +-----+   |  +-----------+  |  +-----+  |
                    |            +----------------+            |
         +------------------+           +------------------+
         |  Virtualization  |           |  Virtualization  |
         |  Node            |           |  Node            |
         +------------------+           +------------------+

Can we do this with oVirt network (vlan tag)? If yes, how? If no, is Quantum (Neutron) network OK? and where should we find more information in oVirt documents?

netease mail

*1* attachments

vnet.txt(3K)
    download