[Users] VDSM n/w issue

Livnat Peer lpeer at redhat.com
Mon Aug 12 06:25:40 UTC 2013

On 08/08/2013 08:37 AM, Anil Dhingra wrote:
> Hi Guys
>
> Just started working on ovirt a month age ,, but stuck on after
> installing VDSM on centos 6.4
> it creates ;vdsmdummy; & 4 bonding interfaces , didn't got any info for
> them in google as I don't need them but not sure how to remove them &
> why it get created if I am not using ovirt-node .
>
> Thanks
> Anil

Hi Anil,
First of all welcome and I hope you'll enjoy working with oVirt.

vdsdummy is a bridge VDSM creates and uses for functionality like
disconnected VNIC.
If you start a VM and you want the VM to have a vNIC not connected to a
specific network (bridge) VDSM starts the VM and connects the tap device
to the vdsdummy bridge. This is a workaround to a functionality we are
missing in libvirt (starting a VM with unconnected tap device).

About the 4 bonds, well that's a legacy code and I think we cleaned this
code in the last version 3.3 - but I'm not sure (Adding Toni to
confirm/disconfirm)

Livnat