[Users] Forcible edit of VLAN in ovirtmgmt logical network

Karli Sjöberg Karli.Sjoberg at slu.se
Wed Aug 14 08:23:13 UTC 2013

Hi!

How can I force in a VLAN tag in the ovirtmgmt network? A quick database change perhaps?

Thing is, I had put a VLAN in the ovirtmgmt network definition when I set the environment up in oVirt-3.1. But now that it´s upgraded to 3.2, somewhere along the line, engine seems to have forgotten that and VLAN in ovirtmgmt is now just marked as "-"(None)... But all of the Hosts are already configured correctly with VLAN on their ovirtmgmt bridges, so every time you put a Host in maintenance and activate it again, engine whines that ovirtmgmt isn´t synchronized correctly, even though they are; considering it´s engine that´s gotten the wrong impression. I tried to edit the ovirtmgmt network nicely through webadmin but it won´t let me since there where VM's using it, so I removed them. Still wouldn´t let me edit since there where Templates using it, so I removed them as well. And it still won´t let me edit because there are Hosts using it- but for Pete´s sake, come on! And to remove those networks I would need to shut down the entire system as it seems, and that is just impossible.

So is there a more prompt way of convincing engine that there is a VLAN in the logical network definition for ovirtmgmt?

--

Med Vänliga Hälsningar
Karli Sjöberg