[Users] oVirt updates - August 13th 2013

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Wed Aug 14 11:37:42 UTC 2013

(some updates I collected from past weeks)

General:
- great oVirt 3.3 test day with 80 bugs reported on various new 3.3
   features.
- oVirt 3.3 RC build soon to come.
- various deep dive sessions started on new 3.3 features[9]
   glance, neutron, power management and async tasks covered so far.

Deployment:
- Karli Sjöberg documented the process of going from oVirt-3.1 on
   Fedora to oVirt-3.2 on CentOS[3]

- René Koch announced version 1.2.1 of the Nagios monitoring plugin[6]

- Christophe Fergeau announced[1] a new spice-xpi 2.8.90 with windows
   support (and proxy support as well)

- Eyal Edri announced ovirt rpm's are available for Fedora 19[7]

- René van der Linden blogged about configuring IPA for oVirt[12]
   also has entries on all of this oVirt deployment[13]

Devel:
- gerrit was upgraded to gerrit 2.6. during the upgrade I forgot David
   Caro work on replacing the robots file so bing servers overloaded the
   server again.
   Juan was kind enough to send a patch to the gerrit project[2] to make
   the robots file configurable so we'll avoid this in the future (well,
   from gerrit 2.8).

- A Clojure library to provision virtual machines in ovirt[11]

Conferences/Talks:
- (upcoming) greg padget will cover new sla mechanism in ovirt[8] at
   LinuxCon/CloudOpen NA (September 17th, New Orleans)
- (upcoming) KvmForum and oVirt sessions at LinuxCon Europe in October

- (past) Udayendu Kar covered KVM and oVirt in an Engineering College
   via a few talks and hands-on[5]
- (past) Livnat Peer did an intro to ovirt session in Israel's open
   source conference August Penguin.

Related:
- Jon Benedict of NetApp published an update on their VSC beta[4]
- VMWare vCloud Automation Center 5.2 added support for RHEV 3.1[10]

Thanks,
    Itamar

[1] http://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/users/2013-August/015624.html
[2] https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/48411