[Users] Host Agent-35 moved to Non-Operational state as host does not meet the cluster's minimum CPU level. Missing CPU features : model_Penryn

Kanagaraj Mayilsamy kmayilsa at redhat.com
Fri Aug 16 14:02:27 UTC 2013

The first question would be,
1)Do you want to use oVirt from managing gluster storage
(or)
2)You want to manage both your storage and virtualization

for case 1)

You can create a new cluster(or modify the existing one) with 'Enable Gluster Service' and do not select 'Enable Virt Service'. Then add hosts to that cluster, you won't see any errors complaining missing CPU features as this cluster is not meant for Virt. Also gluster needs the machines to be x86 arch and nothing else.

for case 2)

Here you would need create a cluster with both 'Gluster' and 'Virt' services enabled. The CPU you select here should match with the CPU the hosts are having.

Thanks,
Kanagaraj