[Users] oVirt-3.2 users creating snapshots fail

Ofri Masad omasad at redhat.com
Sun Aug 18 07:01:21 UTC 2013

Hi Karli,

First of all, thank you for your feedback.
I am not quite sure the thread you are referring to is relevant to the bug you are witnessing.

The bug in the thread was fixed only in 3.3 because it was only introduced in 3.3 (the behavior may be the same).
anyway, I will try to reproduce your bug.

meanwhile, try to verify the following:
 - a storage quota exist which apply to the SD that the VM disks are located on.
 - the user is defined a consumer of that quota
 - the disks of the VM are consuming that quota

when creating a snapshot the user is consuming quota (the same quota the disk is consuming). so, if the user does not have consumer permission
for that quota, he cannot create a snapshot.

thanks
Ofri