[Users] engine-setup's forcing update

Alon Bar-Lev alonbl at redhat.com
Sun Aug 18 08:52:06 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----

There is a conflict... which is not easy to resolve as the upgrade sequence is not closed.

1. ovirt-engine* are versionlocked.

2. exception is ovirt-engine-setup

3. newer ovirt-engine-setup cannot install older ovirt-engine.

So if a user performs:

# yum update

Then you get newer ovirt-engine-setup with a versionlocked blocked update of the rest of ovirt-engine.

And user may face issues.

So for now, the default behavior is to stop the setup if an update is available, it is the safest option.

Regards,
Alon