[Users] oVirt-3.2 users creating snapshots fail

Karli Sjöberg Karli.Sjoberg at slu.se
Mon Aug 19 11:34:59 UTC 2013

mån 2013-08-19 klockan 07:28 -0400 skrev Ofri Masad:

Hi Karli

I've tried to reproduce this bug in 3.2 but couldn't.

Here is what I did. tell me where you did something different.
 - created a DC called dc_a
 - granted VmCreator roll to my_user

Granted where? System? DC?

 - added a quota called quota_a to dc_a (unlimited resources for cpu, memory and storage). quota covers all clusters and all storage domains.
 - added my_user as a consumer of quota_a

logged on to user portal as my_user:
 - created a new VM (consuming quota_a)

Was the new VM blank, from a template, or both?

 - added a disk to the VM (consuming quota_a)
 - created snapshot from that vm

everything looks ok. the snapshot was created

What I did different was to grant VmCreator to my_group (where my_user is member). And then added my_group as consumer of quota. Please try that and see if it still works.

/Karli

thanks
ofri