[Users] Feedback/ input needed on Host power management

Karli Sjöberg Karli.Sjoberg at slu.se
Wed Aug 21 05:11:42 UTC 2013

I think it looks great. Good job!

/Karli

tis 2013-08-20 klockan 15:50 -0400 skrev Malini Rao:

Hello everyone,

We received a few responses to the email below that were very helpful and it seemed like while some people preferred one over the other concept, there was a general need to see the power management card details in a handy manner. Taking all the feedback into account, we have made an iteration to the concept and want to present it back to you for your feedback. Please see attached. In this version, the dialog presents the following flow from top to bottom -

1. enable power management
2. Then Select which cards to use
3. Then indicate to the system whether those cards should be used concurrently or sequentially.

Within Step 2 in the flow, the details for each card are collapsed by default but can easily be expanded.

Besides feedback on the attached mockup, we also have some questions that we would like some clarifications on -

1. When power management is enabled on a host, will atleast one card NEED to be enabled? If yes, is that always the Primary card ( in other words, should the primary card ever be disabled?)

2. Currently, in the mockup, we have checkboxes to enable and disable certain cards and also the ability to add cards. Should there be an ability to remove cards too in addition to turning them on/ off or is it ok to just add/ remove and take out the checkboxes all together?

Thanks
Malini