[Users] Feedback/ input needed on Host power management

Eli Mesika emesika at redhat.com
Wed Aug 21 06:43:11 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Malini Rao" <mrao at redhat.com>

Well , few comments :

1) The Proxy Preference field is per Host not per card , it seems in your suggestion that it is per card.
   Therefor , it should be moved to the top of the screen below the Enable Power Management checkbox
2) The + for adding card is redundant, currently we are not supporting that , only 2 cards are permitted , when we will support that we will have to re-factor this design anyway since the concurrent or sequential can be treated differently. for example , you may have 2 concurrent APC cards along with a sequential IPMI

> Besides feedback on the attached mockup, we also have some questions that we
> would like some clarifications on -
>
> 1. When power management is enabled on a host, will at least one card NEED to
> be enabled? If yes, is that always the Primary card ( in other words, should
> the primary card ever be disabled?)

Yes , and it is always teh primary card

> 2. Currently, in the mockup, we have checkboxes to enable and disable certain
> cards and also the ability to add cards. Should there be an ability to
> remove cards too in addition to turning them on/ off or is it ok to just
> add/ remove and take out the checkboxes all together?

Currently only a static design with places for primary/secondary definitions , no add/remove is required for 3.3