[Users] VM Console access with isolated virtual hosts

Michal Skrivanek mskrivan at redhat.com
Wed Aug 21 13:45:48 UTC 2013

On Aug 21, 2013, at 13:51 , "Peter Bahlyi" <peter.bahlyi at mail.com> wrote:

> Hi Itamar, thanks for reply. I have actually found that and tried. The issue is that client (remote-viewer on F19) still keeps trying to contact directly the hosts. What I also do not understand is an overall idea behind. As far as I have noticed, RHEV-m does not provide spice-proxy functionality on it's own. If I understand well, it only directs clients to a proxy which sits somewhere else, right? If so, what are pre-requisities on such a proxy solution? What should it be?
Hi,
that's correct. you need to set up the proxy yourself, but it's fairly easy, just a simple squid proxy would work…
the only caveat is that you should perhaps increase the timeout just in case the connection is idle for a long time. Something like
> pconn_timeout   12 hours
> request_timeout 12 hours
> read_timeout    12 hours
and ideally set up ACL so only your clients can connect and they can only go to your set of hosts

Thanks,
michal