[Users] Changing the ovirt Master storage domain mount point

Alissa Bonas abonas at redhat.com
Sun Aug 25 07:57:50 UTC 2013

Hi Christian,

The following procedure should provide the solution:

1. set the storage domain to maintenance (via webadmin UI, for example)
2. copy/sync the contents of the storage domain including the metadata, to ensure that data in both locations (the old and the new mount points) is the same.
3. run modification query on ovirt engine database (please replace the values 'yournewmountpoint' and 'therelevantconnectionid' with the correct ones:
UPDATE storage_server_connections
SET connection='yournewmountpoint'
WHERE id='therelevantconnectionid';
4. There is a bug related to storage domain caching in VDSM (host) , so it needs to be workarounded by restarting vdsm (service name is 'vdsmd')
5. activate storage domain (via webadmin UI, for example).

Please also note that starting version 3.3 there's a new possibility allowing to edit the mount point via webadmin UI and REST api:
http://www.ovirt.org/Features/Manage_Storage_Connections