[Users] Gluster Volume created and deleted repeatedly

Kanagaraj kmayilsa at redhat.com
Mon Aug 26 06:53:07 UTC 2013

Looks like your hosts are in an inconsistent state. If you look at the
below output, one host reports 2 peers and the another one reports 1
peer. Also if you look at the 'gluster peer status' from the second
host, it says 'Disconnected', it means it could not communicate with the
gluster in the peer(probably glusterd is down). This also leads to one
host reporting there is a volume but the other one says there are no
volumes.

oVirt engine pulls the volume information from any one of the hosts.
Thats why you see the volume gets added and removed.

Its better to fix this inconsistencies before doing further activities.
Make sure 'glusterd' is running and no firewall rules are blocking the
communication between the glusterd across hosts.

What version of glusterfs in installed in the hosts?

PS: You can ask gluster specific questions in
/gluster-users at gluster.org/ mailing list.

Thanks,
Kanagaraj