[Users] Is the feature Local Authentication abandoned?

Jason Keltz jas at cse.yorku.ca
Mon Aug 26 12:49:52 UTC 2013

On 08/24/2013 04:44 AM, Alon Bar-Lev wrote:

> [...]

While I think this is a great future addition, I really believe that the
default oVirt installation should include some form of integrated basic
authentication using the integrated DB!  I was really surprised to see
this functionality missing.  With the integrated DB, I have no idea why
the functionality isn't there.  I know - it's all about priorities.
While LDAP is common, still - not everyone uses it!  If I was buying
RHEV, the lack of the basic built in authentication would have been a
show stopper for me.  Do I *really* need to use LDAP when I've got a
total of about 4 people maintaining everything?  In fact, even if I
*was* using LDAP, the virtualization infrastructure has enough of its
own complexity that I'd rather separate it from LDAP - one less thing to
go wrong.   If I was buying RHEV, the lack of basic authentication would
have been a showstopper for me.

Jason.