[Users] Clarify message: "Failed to connect Host to Storage Pool Default"

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 15:44:39 UTC 2013

Hello,
after a induced failure of a whole site for testing reaction and
restart, what would be sequence of actions to do from a physical point
of view and from a gui point of view after powering on the hw
components?
In webadmin portal I see these 3 messages in host view events after
SAN and then host and engine restart

Detected new Host XXX. Host state was set to Up.
Host XXX cannot access one of the Storage Domains attached to the Data
Center Default. Setting Host state to Non-Operational.
Failed to connect Host XXX to Storage Pool Default

hosts and engine are fedora 18 with 3.2.2-1.1.fc18 and there are 6
fibrechannel storage domains, all down and in Unknown crossdatacenter
status. one of them is flagged as "(master)"...

I'm going to eventually send full logs, but I would like to ask if it
is possible to send clearer messages inside the gui, for example what
are the SDs that the host cannot access in case there are many of
them.

What does "Storage Pool Default" mean?
The term "Default" is because my DC (and my cluster) are named "Default"?
What exactly does it mean "Storage Pool"? The Master Data Domain or
the combination of the defined storage domains?

btw: In storage view I see:
Failed to Reconstruct Master Domain for Data Center Default

Thanks in advance

Gianluca