[Users] All VMs disappeared

Frank Wall fw at moov.de
Tue Aug 27 11:47:28 UTC 2013

On 26.08.2013 23:40, Frank Wall wrote:
> Every time I reboot ovirt-engine the VMs will disappear. No matter
> what I do before rebooting ovirt-engine - set storage to maintenance,
> set host to maintenance - it's always the same.

On IRC #ovirt I was asked to have a look at the "async_tasks" table
while cloning a VM from a template. An entry is created in this table,
but the vdsm_id is incorrect:

engine=# select task_id,action_type,status,vdsm_task_id from
async_tasks;
  6fa81c23-6f64-444c-bab0-f178fa9233d5 |           2 |      2 |
00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000

Maybe this empty vdsm_id is related to the disappearing vm issue?

Thanks
- Frank