[Users] Keepalived on oVirt Hosts has engine networking issues

Andrew Lau andrew at andrewklau.com
Sun Dec 1 02:55:32 UTC 2013

Hi,

I have the scenario where I have gluster and ovirt hosts on the same box,
to keep the gluster volumes highly available incase a box drops I'm using
keepalived across the boxes and using that IP as the means for the storage
domain. I documented my setup here in case anyone needs a little more info
http://www.andrewklau.com/returning-to-glusterized-ovirt-3-3/

However, the engine seems to be picking up the floating IP assigned to
keepalived as the interface and messing with the ovirtmgmt migration
network, so migrations are failing as my floating IP gets assigned to the
ovirtmgmt bridge in the engine however it's not actually there on most
hosts (except one) so vdsm seems to report destination same as source.

I've since created a new vlan interface just for storage to avoid the
ovirtmgmt conflict, but the engine will still pick up the wrong IP on the
storage vlan because of keepalived. This means I can't use the save network
feature within the engine as it'll save the floating ip rather than the one
already there. Is this a bug or just the way it's designed.

eth0.2 -> ovirtmgmt (172.16.0.11) -> management and migration network ->
engine sees, sets and saves 172.16.0.11
eth0.3 -> storagenetwork (172.16.1.11) -> gluster network -> engine sees,
sets and saves 172.16.1.5 (my floating IP)

I hope this makes sense.

p.s. can anyone also confirm, does gluster support multi pathing by
default? If I'm using this keepalived method, am I bottle necking myself to
one host?

Thanks,
Andrew