[Users] [Engine-devel] Fwd: Adding users and assigning roles in Ovirt

Oved Ourfalli ovedo at redhat.com
Wed Dec 4 08:40:55 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Einav Cohen" <ecohen at redhat.com>
> "Arthur Berezin" <aberezin at redhat.com>, "Yair Zaslavsky" <yzaslavs at redhat.com>, "Gilad Chaplik"
> <gchaplik at redhat.com>, "Oved Ourfalli" <ovedo at redhat.com>

I guess that most users added in this dialog are "users" and not "administrators", and even for administrators I'm not sure them all get system permissions.
It may imply we think it is the best-practice with regards to permissions.
In addition, adding system permission in the "Configure" dialog allow you to also add the user, as it shows you all the users in the directory, and not just the ones that were previously added via the "add user" dialog, so I think we should leave it as is for now, given this workaround to do both operations in the same dialog.