[Users] oVirt Weekly Meeting Minutes -- 2013-12-04

Doron Fediuck dfediuck at redhat.com
Wed Dec 4 15:54:11 UTC 2013

Minutes:        http://ovirt.org/meetings/ovirt/2013/ovirt.2013-12-04-15.01.html
Minutes (text): http://ovirt.org/meetings/ovirt/2013/ovirt.2013-12-04-15.01.txt
Log:            http://ovirt.org/meetings/ovirt/2013/ovirt.2013-12-04-15.01.log.html

=========================
#ovirt: oVirt Weekly Sync
=========================

Meeting started by doron at 15:01:13 UTC. The full logs are available at
http://ovirt.org/meetings/ovirt/2013/ovirt.2013-12-04-15.01.log.html .

Meeting summary
---------------
* Agenda and roll Call  (doron, 15:01:23)
  * 3.3 update releases  (doron, 15:03:40)
  * 3.4 progress  (doron, 15:03:42)
  * conferences and workshops  (doron, 15:03:43)
  * infra update  (doron, 15:03:45)
  * other topics  (doron, 15:03:46)

* 3.3 update releases  (doron, 15:04:11)
  * No updates on 3.3.x release.  (doron, 15:08:50)

* 3.4 progress  (doron, 15:09:01)
  * Async tasks is done, Volume capacity vdsm and engine patches are in
    review, Monitoring is in design phase  (doron, 15:11:47)
  * hpblade PM support WIP.  (doron, 15:16:36)
  * Change the search query to be case-insensitive marked as done
    (doron, 15:17:11)
  * SNMP task WIP  (doron, 15:17:41)
  * network team making progress. NIC ordering in doubt.  (doron,
    15:20:11)
  * ppc awaiting reviews.  (doron, 15:23:44)
  * SLA features reviewed this week. most of htem being designed now.
    (doron, 15:24:58)
  * backup api, live disk resize and readonly disk are done.  (doron,
    15:27:19)
  * single disk snapshots and equalpogic support are in design  (doron,
    15:27:57)
  * functional tests are a bit behind, multiple SDs in doubt.  (doron,
    15:29:52)
  * virt representative missing. Please update and make sure to be here
    next time.  (doron, 15:33:39)
  * UX have resource issues. Will update the spreadhseet  (doron,
    15:35:31)

* conferences and workshops  (doron, 15:36:18)
  * FOSDEM CFP closed. Many roposals. Papers are being reviewed.
    (doron, 15:39:11)
  * additional events adjacent FOSDEM are being considered  (doron,
    15:41:14)

* infra update  (doron, 15:42:52)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/ovirt/ticket/80   (orc_orc, 15:43:16)
  * rackspace ticket escalated. Waiting for updates.  (doron, 15:44:38)

* other topics  (doron, 15:44:56)
  * infra update:  the machine is up and running, we have ssh access but
    we are afraid to change any configs as we dont have console access
    in case network config fails, trying to find out a solution for that
    (doron, 15:46:43)
  * discuss googledocs alternatives in ML for 3.5+  (doron, 15:50:19)

Meeting ended at 15:51:34 UTC.

Action Items
------------

Action Items, by person