[Users] VM with stateless snapshot won't start

Martijn Grendelman martijn.grendelman at isaac.nl
Thu Dec 5 11:03:06 UTC 2013

Hi,

After maintenance on a host, I am trying to start a VM that has been
running statelessly for a while. It refuses to start and Engine logs the
following:

2013-12-05 11:59:18,125 INFO
[org.ovirt.engine.core.dal.dbbroker.auditloghandling.AuditLogDirector]
(pool-6-thread-48) Correlation ID: 43d49965, Job ID:
0d943a6d-9d65-4ac1-89b7-139d30b4813c, Call Stack: null, Custom Event ID:
-1, Message: Failed to start VM WinXP, because exist snapshot for
stateless state. Snapshot will be deleted.

Should I submit a bug report for the poor English in this log line? ;-)

The 'Snapshots' tab for the VM doesn't show anything, but repeated
attempts to start the VM just show the same message in the log.

What can I do to start this VM?

Cheers,
Martijn.