[Users] VM with stateless snapshot won't start

Dafna Ron dron at redhat.com
Thu Dec 5 11:45:07 UTC 2013

If a failure happened and the stateless vm has shut down without delete
of the snapshot, the next time you will try to run it we will try to
delete the snapshot.
from the engine log, it seems that there is a problem deleting the
snapshot because of quota.
can you please try to disable the quota and try to run the vm again?
Please note that the first time you will run it after disabling the
quota, the snapshot should be deleted but the vm will still not start.
only after the snapshot is deleted you will be able to run the vm again.

On 12/05/2013 11:23 AM, Martijn Grendelman wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> After maintenance on a host, I am trying to start a VM that has been
>> running statelessly for a while. It refuses to start and Engine logs the
>> following:
>>
>> 2013-12-05 11:59:18,125 INFO
>> [org.ovirt.engine.core.dal.dbbroker.auditloghandling.AuditLogDirector]
>> (pool-6-thread-48) Correlation ID: 43d49965, Job ID:
>> 0d943a6d-9d65-4ac1-89b7-139d30b4813c, Call Stack: null, Custom Event ID:
>> -1, Message: Failed to start VM WinXP, because exist snapshot for
>> stateless state. Snapshot will be deleted.
>>
>> Should I submit a bug report for the poor English in this log line? ;-)
>>
>> The 'Snapshots' tab for the VM doesn't show anything, but repeated
>> attempts to start the VM just show the same message in the log.
>>
>> What can I do to start this VM?
> It seems I missed some info in the log that may well indicate the root
> cause of this issue. Please see attached log excerpt. A database query
> is failing due to a foreign key constraint violation.
>
> Please advise how to fix the database inconsistency.
>
> Regards,
> Martijn.

Dafna Ron