[Users] oVirt/RHEV Android client (Opaque) available for beta testing

Nathanaël Blanchet blanchet at abes.fr
Fri Dec 6 16:31:15 UTC 2013

Hi, just tested it, it is an unexpected good idea!
My ovirt server is ssl only, so it was a bit complicated to get
/etc/pki/ovirt-engine/ca.pem.
I think it could be great to add a browser to get the ca into the
filesystem instead of searching it into the phone, virtual keyboard is
not convinient to type long inputs.
Then, opaque's keyboard regional layout gave me headache. It is default
qwerty but I need french layout, and no option to change it in the app
is available. So, I changed the android layout keyboard into qwerty, but
at this time while the keyboard is physically qwerty, I get a "A" for
"Q", so it is always inversed. Maybe I should change the spice server
layout...
So the idea is good but it is unusable with non US layout.

Le 06/12/2013 17:11, i iordanov a écrit :
> Hi guys,
>
> Just a clarification that Opaque is a VM console client, not an
> infrastructure management client.
>
> Cheers!
> iordan
>

> On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 12:38 PM, i iordanov <iiordanov at gmail.com
> <mailto:iiordanov at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hello,
>
>     We invite any interested oVirt/RHEV developers and administrators
>     to beta-test Opaque, a new Android oVirt/RHEV client application.
>
>     To opt in, please reply to this message with an email address
>     associated with a Google Account, because joining the beta-test
>     group is based on membership to a Google Plus community. If you
>     don't want that email address posted to the mailing list, don't
>     include it in your reply!
>
>     Itamar or I will add you to the community and let you know that
>     you can proceed to the following two steps:
>
>     1) Please visit this page here to accept the invitation:
>     https://plus.google.com/communities/116099119712127782216
>
>     2) Once you've become a member of the Google+ group, to opt-in, visit:
>     https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.undatech.opaquebeta
>
>     You will be able to download Opaque from Google Play by following
>     the link at the bottom of the opt-in page.
>
>     Please share your experiences with Opaque to the mailing list!
>
>     Cheers,
>     iordan
>
>     --
>     The conscious mind has only one thread of execution.
>

> --
> The conscious mind has only one thread of execution.

Nathanaël Blanchet

Supervision réseau
Pôle exploitation et maintenance
Département des systèmes d'information