[Users] Strange UI bug: tab "VM" unusable / oVirt 3.3.1+

Tomas Jelinek tjelinek at redhat.com
Mon Dec 9 13:22:40 UTC 2013

Hey Frank,

so according to the logs it seems that it failed in AsyncDataProvider.hasSpiceSupport(...)
because of access to the map failed on NPE. Problem is that there are two accesses to map.
So, there are two possibilities what happened:

1: the OsRepository query failed (to verify this please attach the engine logs (the part right after you log into webadmin - the values get cached and not requested anymore)

2: spiceSupportMatrix.get(osId) returned null. This could be because of the OS of ANY of the VMs currently shown in the VM list is not present in libosinfo config.
I would guess this is the issue. To verify this could you please paste here the content of all .../osinfo.conf.d/*.properties and also the result of
"select os, vm_name from vm_static" DB query so we can find which value is not there.

Thanx,
Tomas