[Users] Agents for Windows

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 11:01:33 UTC 2013

On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 7:54 AM, Michal Skrivanek  wrote:

>>> I will try to hit an F12 next time I boot to see if I get a menu, I don’t recall seeing any text on the screen that it’s there.
>>
>> It may be too fast to actually give you the chance to open the console. There's "start in paused mode" option, but that's not really the same use case, not applicable to reboot.
>> Oh, and it seems the QEMU default is that the menu is not available unless explicitly enabled. Don't have that option today, but should be relatively easy to add
>
> Or actually you can do that, just not in UI. Use qemucmdline vdsm hook on each host

Hello,
I see that in Fedora 19 and virt-manager shipped with it there is
indeed an option to enable boot menu.
The generated qemu command line gives these options

-boot order=d,menu=on

is this the option to give?  "order=d" should stand for cd-rom first... correct?
Also I see that actually the delay between the moment you see the
screen (in local environment)

Press F12 for boot menu

and the moment it starts the VM if you don't press anything, is about
only 2 seconds.... so it could be not sufficient in some cases
Can we use splash-time=xxx option, or would it give an error without a
splash image?
Also I see in man page for fedora 19 qemu
(qemu-system-x86-1.4.2-14.fc19.x86_64) there is rb_timeout:

A timeout could be passed to bios, guest will pause for rb_timeout ms when boot
failed, then reboot. If rb_timeout is '-1', guest will not reboot,
qemu passes '-1' to
bios by default. Currently Seabios for X86 system support it.

SO I presume this timeout is only applied after a first error to boot
... correct?