[Users] SpiceHTML5, noVNC console and Spice Proxy mixable?

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 15:15:38 UTC 2013

Hello,
I already have a thread regarding SpiceHTML5 open and where I'm going
to give further feedback as requested.
In the mean time I would like to ask if the three features in the
subject are completely mixable or not, as in the next days I'm going
to test them all and I would like to start from consistent setup and
not to give wrong answers based on wrong initial setup.

If I understood correctly, both SpiceHTML5 and noVNC console are based
on websocket proxy through the config parameter called WebSocketProxy
and I can consolidate this proxy on the engine . SO that I can in the
same environment use both.
Correct?

Coming then to Spice Proxy, managed by config parameter
"SpiceProxyDefault", my questions are:
- is it mixable with the two above or are they mutually exclusive?
- can I configure the engine itself to be the proxy, installing squid on it?
- If yes, what would be correct parameter for SpiceProxyDefault:
localhost:3128 or engine_hostname.domainname:3128?
If both are ok, I think it is more convenient to use localhost, correct?

Thanks in advance,
Gianluca