[Users] SpiceHTML5, noVNC console and Spice Proxy mixable?

Frantisek Kobzik fkobzik at redhat.com
Fri Dec 13 10:08:58 UTC 2013

Hi,

the answer to the 1st question is 'yes'. You can use both SPICE-HTML5 and noVNC with a single proxy setup.

Coming to next questions:
- is it mixable with the two above or are they mutually exclusive?
 - IMHO it should work. the data flow would look like this:
   client <--> websocket proxy <--> spice proxy <--> VM
   I'm not sure if this is what you want.
- can I configure the engine itself to be the proxy, installing squid on it?
   I cannot tell for sure, but IMHO it shouldn't be a problem.
- If yes, what would be correct parameter for SpiceProxyDefault (localhost vs. fqdn):
   I believe 'localhost' is wrong since this value is sent to the client. And this client can misinterpret this value and try to connect to itself. In short, the spice proxy value should be correctly resolvable from client machines.

(Adding Tomas to verify the last answer.)

Cheers,
Frank.