[Users] Hosts going offline due to storage issues.

Ian Mordey ian.mordey at wandisco.com
Tue Dec 10 20:16:22 UTC 2013

Hi there
I've got a 3 node oVirt 3.3.1 setup connecting to an Equallogic iSCSI SAN
array. My nodes keep going offline with these errors:
Host reports about one of the Active Storage Domains as Problematic.
Host cannot access one of the Storage Domains attached to the Data Center
<DC> Setting Host state to Non-Operational

The host is then fenced, reboots and comes back up normally.

I see some of these errors prior to the event:
2013-12-10 13:36:49,442 ERROR
[org.ovirt.engine.core.vdsbroker.vdsbroker.ListVDSCommand]
(DefaultQuartzScheduler_Worker-14) Command ListVDS execution failed.
Exception: VDSNetworkException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection
refused
2013-12-10 13:36:49,448 WARN  [org.ovirt.engine.core.vdsbroker.VdsManager]
(DefaultQuartzScheduler_Worker-14) Failed to refresh VDS , vds =
7f74b28a-149a-4f87-9689-b23db6d435f7 : <hostname> , VDS Network Error,
continuing.
2013-12-10 13:36:52,490 ERROR
[org.ovirt.engine.core.vdsbroker.vdsbroker.GetCapabilitiesVDSCommand]
(DefaultQuartzScheduler_Worker-59) Command GetCapabilitiesVDS execution
failed. Exception: VDSNetworkException: java.net.ConnectException:
Connection refused

Any ideas where to look? I can't see any errors on the switches or SAN..

Thanks
Ian

--
Listed on the London Stock Exchange: WAND<http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/WAND:LN>

THIS MESSAGE AND ANY ATTACHMENTS ARE CONFIDENTIAL, PROPRIETARY, AND MAY BE
PRIVILEGED.  If this message was misdirected, WANdisco, Inc. and its
subsidiaries, ("WANdisco") does not waive any confidentiality or privilege.
 If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately and
destroy the message without disclosing its contents to anyone.  Any
distribution, use or copying of this e-mail or the information it contains
by other than an intended recipient is unauthorized.  The views and
opinions expressed in this e-mail message are the author's own and may not
reflect the views and opinions of WANdisco, unless the author is authorized
by WANdisco to express such views or opinions on its behalf.  All email
sent to or from this address is subject to electronic storage and review by
WANdisco.  Although WANdisco operates anti-virus programs, it does not
accept responsibility for any damage whatsoever caused by viruses being
passed.