[Users] Network profile lost after host edit

Simon Barrett Simon.Barrett at tradingscreen.com
Wed Dec 11 11:40:09 UTC 2013

I have a problem where VM network profiles are lost when editing a host. E.G.

*         VM is running fine on the correct network. Network Interfaces tab shows "nic1" and "Network Name" shows the correct network profile.

*         I shutdown the VM then right click and Edit.

*         The General settings for the node shows "nic1 <Empty>". If I then edit config, something like increasing memory or changing CPU cores then click on OK, the VM configuration is saved without a network profile.

*         When I boot the VM I cannot connect to it.

*         I then have to edit the node again configure back in the correct network profile.

Does anyone know if this is a known issue? If not, any suggestions as to how I correct this so that the original network profile definition is retained after an edit?

Many thanks,

Simon