[Users] add NFS storage domain fails on mount timeout via ovirt

Bob Doolittle bob at doolittle.us.com
Wed Dec 11 17:18:21 UTC 2013

Be aware that I've also had issues where v4 failed but v3 worked. This
happened when trying to export storage from the non-root partition. v4
is fussier in that regard although I'm sure it's configurable somehow.

So the most general case I've found is to stick with v3, but make sure
the firewall is properly configured on the storage server (or turn it off).

In summary, the advantages (I've found) of each:

NFSv3: requires no NFS configuration to export storage from non-root
partitions (useful if you might want to upgrade your OS some day,
although oVirt will have to deliver the feature for importing existing
domains simply).

NFSv4: requires no firewall configuration (although I thought oVirt
handled this automatically - did you change your firewall config after
host-deploy?)

Good luck,
    Bob