[Users] add NFS storage domain fails on mount timeout via ovirt

Einav Cohen ecohen at redhat.com
Wed Dec 11 19:12:37 UTC 2013

Hi Bob,

> So the most general case I've found is to stick with v3, but make sure
> the firewall is properly configured on the storage server (or turn it off).

I configured the firewall on my storage server according to the instructions
in [1]. before that, the 'mount' command always failed for me, with/without
flags...

> NFSv4: requires no firewall configuration (although I thought oVirt
> handled this automatically - did you change your firewall config after
> host-deploy?)

did I change my firewall config on my Host, you mean (i.e. the storage client)?
I thought that it didn't matter (i.e. only storage *server* firewall proper
configuration is important)?
but in any case: after deploying my Host, I haven't touched the firewall on
the Host, or on the storage server.

Maybe I've configured the NFS export path incorrectly within the "/etc/exports"
file on my storage server?
This is how it appears now:
---
/path/to/export *(rw,sync)
---

maybe I am missing some parameter(s) to allow it to work properly with v3?

Thanks!

----
Regards,
Einav

[1] http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/centos-fedora-rhel-iptables-open-nfs-server-ports/

[some adjustments were needed, e.g. replacing occurrences of 'RH-Firewall-1-INPUT'
with 'INPUT', etc.]