[Users] Ubuntu & Debian guest agent

Sven Kieske S.Kieske at mittwald.de
Thu Dec 12 09:15:09 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm currently investigating the use of the guest agent
on the above mentioned operating systems
(12.04.3 lts server for Ubuntu and Debian 7).

The wiki pages seem outdated to me, as it states
for Ubuntu:

"There are binary packages available on launchpad PPA. These packages
are just for demo."

AFAIK there should be somewhere a package with production ready agent
at least for Ubuntu(I saw this mentioned somewhere)?

ATM I'm running engine 3.3.1 but plan to upgrade to 3.3.2, once RC gets
released on Monday.

Are there any known limitations in combining different agent/vdsm/engine
versions?

Can someone point me to some more accurate and up-to-date information
than these?

http://www.ovirt.org/Ubuntu/GuestAgent
http://www.ovirt.org/Debian/GuestAgent
http://www.ovirt.org/Category:Ovirt_guest_agent
http://www.ovirt.org/Ovirt_guest_agent

Thanks in advance

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Regards

Sven Kieske

Systemadministrator
Mittwald CM Service GmbH & Co. KG
Königsberger Straße 6
32339 Espelkamp
T: +49-5772-293-100
F: +49-5772-293-333
https://www.mittwald.de
Geschäftsführer: Robert Meyer
St.Nr.: 331/5721/1033, USt-IdNr.: DE814773217, HRA 6640, AG Bad Oeynhausen
Komplementärin: Robert Meyer Verwaltungs GmbH, HRB 13260, AG Bad Oeynhausen