[Users] oVirt/RHEV Android client (Opaque) available for beta testing

Jiří Sléžka jiri.slezka at slu.cz
Thu Dec 12 22:17:54 UTC 2013

Hi

> Thanks for the feedback. The thumbnails become 1/2 the size once you add
> 3 or more VMs to the list of saved connections.
>
> Yes, Opaque is a SPICE client, and I am also hoping to add VNC support
> or at least the ability to launch an external app.
>
> Please tell us what version of oVirt /RHEV you are using, whether your
> certificate is self-signed, and whether you've used remote-viewer on the
> command-line successfully and what options and URI it needed.

I am using oVirt 3.3.1-2.el6, certificate is self-signed (and in Opaque
I have SSL strict mode switched off)

I just tried remote-viewer and it works. I am a bit lazy so I get
console.vv file and dug out params

remote-viewer --spice-ca-file ovirt_ca.crt --spice-host-subject
test-win8 spice://ovirt-node02.net.slu.cz/?port=5900\&tls-port=5901

then I entered password and got vm screen

also I tried import (paste) ovirt's ca certificate and use SSL strict
mode but nothing changed.

> I have a couple of users complaining of similar issues, and a couple
> plus myself who've had no issues. I'm trying to figure out what is
> common between the users who have problems.

Yes, I hate these situations :-) I think I can give you an access to
this testing oVirt but it is accessible only through our openvpn. If you
are interested let me know.

cheers, dron