[Users] Solaris 11.1 ISO panic on boot

René Koch r.koch at ovido.at
Mon Dec 16 10:47:37 UTC 2013

Hi,

-----Original message-----

I suggest to use the following settings for your Solaris guest:
* Operating System: Other
* nic1: rtl8139
* Disk1: IDE

Booting from the DVD ISO works fine for Sol 10 and 11 with these settings.

> >> Of course every whizzes by so fast I have no chance of getting a screen
> >> shot.
> >>
> >> Has anyone been successful in boot Solaris 11.1 under ovirt?  Should I
> >> have picked a different template?

In my oVirt setup (3.3 now, but worked on 3.2, too) there are Solaris 10 and 11 vms running.
See the specs above.

I had some issues with network traffic, which can be solved with a host hook (99_fix_solaris):
https://github.com/ovido/ovirt-stuff/tree/master/hooks

Please let me know if this fixes your issues...

Regards,
René