[Users] [Spice-devel] Spice Proxy seems to try connect to host and not defined proxy

Marc-André Lureau mlureau at redhat.com
Mon Dec 16 13:56:46 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
> On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 12:39 PM, Marc-André Lureau wrote:
> > Hi

I am not a RHEVM user, I don't know where is the documentation you are talking about.

But I know that we track spice-gtk/virt-viewer RFE in bug and erratas for RHEL/RHEVM.

That's surprising, SPICE_PROXY=http://... and virt-viewer "proxy" configuration should work. Can you describe what you are testing?

> So how far from "upstream spice-gtk" are Fedora 19-20?

Not very far.

> On my Fedora 19 client I have spice-gtk3-0.20-6.fc19.x86_64 btw
> When I run console with Spice Proxy  enabled from this Fedora 19
> client I see that it runs remote-viewer indeed that is included in
> installed virt-viewer-0.5.6-1.fc19.x86_64 and
> rpm -qR virt-viewer gives also
> libspice-client-gtk-3.0.so.4 (the one included in spice-gtk3 version
> mentioned above)..
>
> So what I'm missing to be "compliant" on fedora 19 client?

You said you are using ovirt? With XPI or mime? Could you get the SPICE_DEBUG=1 log and check that proxy is being used?

Could you check from command line that your HTTP proxy is correctly configured (allow CONNECT etc)

ex: SPICE_PROXY=http://proxy:3128 remote-viewer spice://host:port