[Users] simple networking? [SOLVED] mostly

Bob Doolittle bob at doolittle.us.com
Mon Dec 16 14:48:16 UTC 2013

On 12/16/13 07:06, Sven Kieske wrote:
> Is this entirely true?

In my experience, yes. The one thing I had to do was to enable the sshd
service on the Host (and possibly tweak the firewall to allow sshd
service?).

When you click "Add Host" on the engine, it uses ssh into the Host to
configure the necessary repositories. I may have had to add the
"Optional" repository for EL6, but certainly not the oVirt repository -
that is handled by the host-deploy code.

I have done this with both 6.4 and 6.5.

In any case, Ted's issues are not related to repository configuration or
package dependencies.

-Bob